IMPACT 100 Pensacola Bay Area awarded $107,700 each to 10 organizations on Oct. 15, for a total of more than $1 million awarded in 2017 alone.
Among the award winners was the Early Learning Coalition of Escambia County for a project called Grow With Me. The project will utilize the Nemours BrightStart! toolkit for infant/toddler and preschool classrooms.
The toolkits have 12 thematic units, lesson plans and activities, sensory manipulatives, read aloud book sets and family connection letters. The goal is to put the tools in place in 40 infant/toddler classrooms in Year 1 and 90 additional classrooms (preschool and infant/toddler) in Year 2.
The women of IMPACT have given more than $9 million to the community since the philanthropy group began in 2004. It is the largest and most successful IMPACT group in the world.
The winners of the $107,700 grants were:
Arts and Culture:
- Pensacola Delta Enrichment Center, Inc. for its project Young, Gifted, and Underprivileged – Warrington Arts Development Project.
- West Florida Historic Preservation, Inc. and UWF Historic Trust for its project History and Storytelling Circle.
- Capstone Adaptive Learning and Therapy Centers, Inc. for its project Capstone Pet Place.
- Escambia County School Readiness Coalition, Inc. and Early Learning Coalition of Escambia County for its project Grow with Me.
- Horizons of Okaloosa County, Inc. and The Arc of the Emerald Coast for its project IMPACT 100 Dream Wheels For New Beginnings.
- My Father’s Arrows, Inc. for its project Mama’s House.
Environment, recreation and preservation:
- Humane Society of Pensacola, Inc. and Pensacola Humane Society for its project The Humane Express.
- Pensacola Lighthouse Association, Inc. and Pensacola Lighthouse & Museum for its project Fresnel Lens Restoration.
Health and Wellness:
- Feeding the Gulf Coast, Inc. for its project Serving the Community During Disasters.
- Santa Rosa Kids’ House, Inc. for its project Changing for Children.
IMPACT 100 hopes to keep the momentum going into next year by increasing membership to more women in its 15th year of working with nonprofits in the community. To become a member of IMPACT 100 or review wish lists from finalists and grant applicants, visit www.impact100pensacola.org.